Sunday 14 October 2007

Celebrations

Last night I was asked to go along and support my local Conservative Club in Pontefract as the members celebrated winning the National Club of the year award 2007.

These folks have been really supportive and encouraging over recent years to both myself and my colleague Philip Booth as we worked to get elected. It has been very much a place for a friendly word. So it was great to go to return the compliment and thank the officers and members for their efforts and commitment.

Phil Thomas our candidate for Pontefract North came along and a number of people signed up to help him in his campaign in 2008, so it was a good result for all.

Including the England Rugby Union team who got through to the world cup final.

As one of my colleagues over in Texas sometimes says YeeHaw!!!

No comments: