Friday 23 May 2014

Vote UKIP get Labour? Well that's what you get in Pontefract.

Firstly thanks ever so much for the kind words and encouragement from so many people. 

It looks very much as if I have been part of a national trend. In Pontefract a number of voters used their votes presumably to get rid of the status quo and to see a change in the local elections, to send a message maybe?

Well they certainly achieved that and by voting Ukip we now have six members of the Labour controlling group representing Pontefract.

The reality at this election was vote Ukip get Labour. I hope that my former Labour colleagues find their voices and turn the volume up for Pontefract to see we get the resources that we need for the Towns survival it is time that they did.

For the 1434 who voted with me I really appreciate your vote of confidence. I promise that if I should get the chance I will do my best to stick up for Pontefract whenever and wherever I can.

Now the electorate have given me the opportunity to take it easy for a while, even so please say hello if you see me around.

Geoff

No comments: