Tuesday 18 February 2014

Potholing in Pontefract - February 2014

I am out with the head of Highways on tour tomorrow morning with a view to him experiencing our reality and coming up with a priority list for road repairs / potholes in Pontefract South (Baghill, Carleton, Chequerfield, Eastbourne, Hardwick/Ackworth Road, Larkshill, Wakefield Road and local roads to East Hardwick, Darrington and Wentbridge),

I already have a number of specific locations and people have given me others on Facebook and out and about. However if you are aware of particular problems that I should consider including give me a buzz or send me a fb message with contact details. 

Lets not get to excited but I am going to see what I can get done. 

Geoff

UPDATED January 2015

Following on from my work in January last year, a programme of repair work was undertaken. Not by any means a complete programme and apart from fairly major work on Hardwick Road from the Railway Bridge to East Hardwick there were a number of local repairs. There are a number of areas that still need work.

When people make promises in the run up to the next election ask for examples of what they have actually done for our community.

Talk is cheap and some will tell you what you want to hear and promise the earth. Ask our six Labour Councillors specifically what they have achieved. Most of their publicity shots relate to projects run and funded by others or work that they have little or no control over.

No comments: