Tuesday 12 February 2008

Darringfield Update

Well we are still waiting for a definitive briefing from WMDC on Darringfield.

You may recall from an earlier post that I learned that we were not being told because the DCLG asked Wakefield not to.

The thing that concerns me is that whilst the people of Selby District are into active discussion about Willow Green and its implications the people in my district have not had the opportunity to look at the Darringfield proposal seriously, and there is very little local comment as a result.

Apparently there has been a discussion in Cabinet today and I am expecting a formal announcement from WMDC that whilst they are in favour of Growth Point status (see my last post about hats and stuff) they are opposed to the establishment of an Eco Town at Darrington.

It still remains to be seen why it has taken so long for them to react.

No comments: