Tuesday 3 May 2016

Action for Pontefract - Why vote for Geoff Walsh? I will work for you

Why Vote Walsh for Pontefract South?

    I will work to see that Pontefract has a voice in Wakefield a fair share of resources and action for Pontefract all year round.


    I will support our local economy, jobs, training and apprenticeships to help local businesses grow.

    Too often the big decisions for Pontefract are taken in Wakefield by people who do not understand our needs, challenges or heritage.

Many local residents share my concerns about lack of investment in our town and the dash for more housing without the added infrastructure to support it.

In response to the huge growth of new housing in Pontefract we also need to ensure we have first class education and sufficient school places for all our children, enhanced 7 day a week access to GP services and improved leisure facilities. Improvements that will       make our town a better place to live in.

I will support local businesses and individuals, organise events and, lobby Wakefield to make the best of business rate subsidies.

I will challenge our MPs and the directors of MYHT to move more services back to               Pontefract Hospital.

I have eight years of practical experience as a councillor to offer and a track       record of addressing issues for people across Pontefract.

Given the opportunity to represent you again, I’ll work with individuals and groups across Pontefract to see your issues are taken seriously. If you agree, help me to help you. 


Vote Walsh for Pontefract South on the 5th of May.



No comments: