Saturday 9 May 2015

Thanks for your support in the Local Elections. We will get there next time..

Thanks to all the folks who have helped me over recent months in my bid to get on WMDC to act for the interests of the people of Pontefract.
3196 local people voted for me on the 7th of May. Thank you one and all. A number of friends helped me get leaflets and literature out and delivered. A number of people spoke up and vouched for me with their friends and their friends went on to do the same again.
It's a humbling feeling knowing that so many people took a hand.
Pontefract South had one of the highest turnouts with more than half of all people eligible actually voting. For the ones that didn't that's your choice and maybe you didn't see anything that you could relate to, or hear a point of view that made sense for you.
Perhaps we all need to try harder next time.
For the ones that did take a hand, good on you. Even if you voted for the other candidates.
If you see me around say hello.
Cheers and thank you.
Geoff

No comments: