Friday 7 May 2010

Thank you!

Having undergone three recounts and achieved a majority of 205, I would just like to say thank you to the people of Pontefract South who voted in yesterday's local elections. In going out to vote or mailing a postal vote you allowed the democratic process to work.

Pontefract South
Name Party Votes %
WALSH, Geoff The Conservative Party Candidate 2,978 39.1
KERSHAW, Jack The Labour Party Candidate 2,773 36.4
RUSH, Chris Liberal Democrats 1,333 17.5
HADDLETON, Matt Independent 275 3.6
FRANKLAND, Neil Green Party 221 2.9

Majority 205 2.7
Spoiled Votes 32
% turnout 63
Total Votes 7,612

I would like to congratulate Elizabeth Hick who becomes our newly elected member for Horbury and South Ossett.

I would also like to welcome Ian Bunney to the Council for Ossett.

Finally a thank you to those members of the public who encouraged and supported me and the many who helped with my campaign over recent weeks. You know who you are and I aim to catch up with you over the next few days.

Geoff

No comments: