Saturday 19 January 2008

Never believe what you read in the press......

Today I received my copy of one of our local papers, the Wakefield Express.

They had an item with the header "Walsh elected to Tory post" So far so true.

Last Wednesday my colleagues in the Wakefield Met Conservative councillors group unanimously elected me to the role of Deputy Group Leader. We have sixteen seats and the team is growing and I really appreciated their support and I am looking forward to pushing us on to bigger and better things.

However the reporter who asked the questions managed to get the wires crossed and it looks like my job just changed.

"He is an executive member of development agency Yorkshire Forward and for three years held the role of vice-chairman." Well yes and no.

Actually director of development Agency Warrington 2000 and past vice chairman of the Yorkshire Society was what I said. Obviously the other stuff sounded more interesting.

Yorkshire Forward were nice and relaxed about it, bless them, in any case they are members of the Yorkshire Society and their CEO knows about the glitch.

Actually they could do worse than to experience a bit of Walshness.

No comments: